040 ⎮ Why We Diet and Want to Control Our Bodies with Kristen Cillo
Nov 27, 2019
MEET THE GUEST:
Kristen is a wife, mom of three, and a home organization specialist.
WHERE TO FIND KRISTEN ONLINE:
- When Kristen first found out about her blood disorder, it made her anxiety go way up and lead her start to obsess over clean eating and over exercising just so she can have some control in her life.
- “When things are out of control in my life, I tend to turn to food and my body to gain some sort of sense of control.” - Kristen Cillo
- We talk about the difference between self-care and self- control! Kristen talks about the praise she was getting about her postpartum body and felt that she had to keep up with those comments! I also mention how the way we look on the outside does not define us!
- “If their soul is ugly, they will not age well!” - Dr. Stefani Reinold
- After working out and obsessed with her image for two years, she was triggered by a friend mentioning that she was getting too skinny. That was her awakening and realized there was something wrong.
- “I was becoming not a fun person to be around with because that was all that was on my mind. Was thinking about when I was going to go on my next run.” - Kristen Cillo
- We talk about the issues we see with how we are “suppose” to look a certain way. But what we don’t realize is that we all have different body shapes and it’s not one size fits all. I mention great analogy that you can watch here >> Poodle Science.
- “I really had to get past that thought of what I should weigh.” - Kristen Cillo
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES:
Listen + Subscribe on ITUNES or STITCHER
We’d greatly appreciate a podcast rating and review so that we can reach more mamas and families!
– Search for the podcast in your podcast app (It's Not About the Food)
– Scroll down and click 5 stars
– Tap “Write a Review” & enter brief review
– Press send
IF IT'S NOT ABOUT THE FOOD...
THEN, WHAT'S IT ABOUT?
Uncover the REAL reasons you're struggling with food and your body in my FREE mini-class now!
SIGN UP NOW >>