043 ⎮ How I Recovered from an Eating Disorder and Ditched Dieting for Good
Jan 08, 2020
You may not have ever heard my personal story. If you've listened to my podcast for any length of time, you may have picked up bits and pieces, but here's the full scoop. Listen to hear my story from adolescent eating disorder to chronic dieter to fully recovered.
A few highlights from this episode include:
- I share my personal story surrounding dieting and body image.
- How our current diet culture is affecting many of us today.
- How I used food as a coping mechanism.
- When I went on my first official diet at just the age of 13.
- How the cycle of binge eating and purging started to ruin my life.
- How I was able to get through my eating disorder.
- Things I’ve done differently through pregnancy.
- How I was able to reconnect with my body!
- “I've always had a pretty broad and diverse interest in food.” - Stefani Reinold, MD, MPH
- “So, unbeknownst to me and unconsciously, I associated the belief that my self-worth depended on my appearance.” - Stefani Reinold, MD, MPH
- “We strive to control our food, we strive to control our appearance in every way possible to get control in our life.” - Stefani Reinold, MD, MPH
- “The ugly messy stuff underneath it all doesn’t go away.” - Stefani Reinold, MD, MPH
- “This is just how I was made. It doesn’t mean that something is wrong with me and the scale does not rule my life.” - Stefani Reinold, MD, MPH
- “It’s not about the food!” - Stefani Reinold, MD, MPH
Mentioned in this episode:
***If you loved this episode, please subscribe to the show, leave me a rating and review, AND share with a friend.***
IF IT'S NOT ABOUT THE FOOD...
THEN, WHAT'S IT ABOUT?
Uncover the REAL reasons you're struggling with food and your body in my FREE mini-class now!
SIGN UP NOW >>